rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daddy River Weekend

The following pictures are labeled as "Daddy River Weekend" in our iPhoto library.  Yegi went to Charleston with her mom and sister to plan Laila's wedding and I stayed back with River.  Anytime Yegi asks me if I know what to do when she is leaving River with me I always roll my eyes and say something along the lines of "It's not my first Ro deo cowboy" (actually I have no clue what I'm doing).  Yegi is a HUGE planner and loves to write out very detailed instructions about what I am suppose to do while she is away.  I'm horrible at following plans and always forget something it seems.  This particular weekend I got up with River and began the loading up process to go back to White Pine to visit my family.  1 full wardrobe, 2 dogs, 3 hundred diapers, 4 boxes of toys, and 5 hrs later we made it to WP.  The one thing I did forget...Cowie (Cowie is River's little Cow/Blanket thing that he has clutched all night since day one and is very attached to).  I remembered him about the time I was pulling into Mom's driveway when the dogs got so excited they woke River from his sleep.  I called Yegi and she told me I needed to go back but that just was not an option.  Luckily because of my non-planning ways I have become quite the "winger" and can improvise in most situations.  I found something about the same size/shape and slipped it into his hands as his eyes got heavy during his final bottle of the night.  He slept from 7:30pm to 8:15am...victory.  We had a great weekend and got to visit my Mom, Grandmother, and Nana & Dee. 


Fall Y'all.


Enjoying one of the last few warm days of fall with G-mom.


Learning to feed himself.  We should of started this earlier but Yegi and I both love to hold and feed him.  This is on my Grandmother's back porch in Morristown.  A place where I have a million memories and not a single bad one.


Happy boy.


All tuckered out and ready to head home.

No comments:

Post a Comment