rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Magic Eraser


A few months ago Yegi had an accident in which her car, the VW Jetta (more affectionately known as the Jedi Knight) was totalled. A young girl was on her cell phone and pulled out into a four lane without looking and Yegi could not avoid the T-bone that ensued. Thankfully, Yegi was not hurt badly even though her car looked rough (see picture).

The next day I started scouring Craigslist & ebay for a used "new" vehicle. A month or so later I found a good looking VW Touareg in our price range. The vehicle was in Georgia so I took the day off and drove down with my cousin to check it out. After a little haggling we came back with the Treg. Yegi loved it and still does.

Yegi has never been the best driver, nor does she claim to be. She does promise me that she always pays attention to where she is going and limits distractions while driving (no texting, cell phone only in emergencies, eyes on the road). Unfortunately, Friday I found that this is not true...
.
I came home after a rough day at work and Yegi had a guilty look on her face. After asking her whats wrong a few times she finally told me she had "messed up". Messing up was Yegi's way of saying, "I was pulling in the garage and the dogs came up to the fence so I hung my head out the window and was talking to them and not looking where I was going (while still moving) and scratched the passenger side of my car." -Oh, you mean the side of the car that every time I see you pull in you just barley miss the wall with and I cringe and when I start to tell you I get stopped by the, "Chris, I've been driving since I was 16, I think I know what I'm doing" excuse... Umm...Yeah, that side.
.
I couldn't stay mad long when she looked at me with tears in her eyes and told me how she tried to open the door and push it out from the inside and when that wasn't possible she tried to use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to "wipe" it off. It was at this time that I realized that we will never own a family run body shop. It wasn't a "scratch" so much as it was the carnage left from what looked like a garden tiller on the door. Nothing a "Magic Eraser" would fix. By the way, please don't ever use a Magic Eraser on your vehicles paint, they have bleach in them which is not good on car paint or the spots where it was gouged off.

For now we are just going to live with the damage because it does not hurt the functionality of the vehicle and hopefully will serve as a reminder to Yegs. Besides, after watching Yegi pull in the garage last night I'm sure it it won't be long until the house shakes again...

No comments:

Post a Comment