rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Knoxville - It's for runners.

I do not enjoy running.  At least not in groups, or during the day, or when it is hot.  My favorite time to run is when it is cold, dark, and I am alone.  As I write this down I see that it sounds very weird but I have reasons for each.  COLD - I hate to be hot and when I exercise I immediately get hot so exercising when it is cold/cool keeps me at just the right temperature.  DARK/ALONE - I don't like running around people because I enjoy the solitude (dogs don't count) of running.  I don't listen to music, talk with a running partner, read a book on a treadmill, or anything else.  I love smelling the air and just being left to my thoughts and at night I can do that because no one dares run the Lakeshore (Mental Health Hospital/Asylum) loop when it is dark except me, Chaco, and the occasional escaped inmate.  All this being said I did not run the Knoxville Marathon/Half-Marathon, but a lot of people did.  Many of our friends and family were out taking advantage of this PERFECT day that God made to meet a personal goal or two.  We took River out early to cheer on Uncle Johnny and take part of his numero uno activity...people watching.


 Waiting for Johnny with the cousins and other friends.


 Addalee's sign.


If you're going to be a Rockstar you've got to practice.  Even if it is 8am on a Sunday morning on the side of a street in a construction zone.  


 So, finally after all the old ladies ran by carrying their purses Johnny made it to where we were waiting.


 Thomas unveiling Kimberly's sign for Meg down in the old City.  (After Johnny ran by close to the house we drove downtown to the old city to see Meg run her leg of the full marathon relay.


 Inspecting.  T approved.


The girls waiting and cheering on the rando's.  River was clapping and cheering as well.


 Meg's family came out to see her run.


Probably the most enthusiastic runner at mile 17.5

No comments:

Post a Comment