rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Monday, April 19, 2010

Eventful

We have had a lot going on the past few weeks.  I wrote a very chopped up recap below:


     Last week started out with a bang.  I had to run out while River was taking a nap and Yegi warned me that if my truck woke him when I came back home she was going to kill me.  So, in an effort to keep the sound down (and a peaceful wife) I got some speed up at the bottom of the driveway and idled to the top.  As I neared the top of the driveway I noticed that there was a nice shady spot close to the fence and as I attempted to get as much of my truck in it I backed my hitch through the fence slat.  You are probably thinking, "Big deal, it didn't hurt anything other than that one board".  True, I fixed the fence in just a couple minutes but this gave Yegi something to get back at me with for all my comments about her driving.  I guess no one is perfect.
     One thing that is almost perfect though is that Yegi turned 28 last week and I am still 26.  For the next month I plan to remind her at least once a day.  We spent the evening with her family at Cafe 4 on Market Square which is quickly becoming one of our favorite restaurants in Knoxville.  The food and the service are always top notch.
     The week before last my cousin Andrew turned 30something.  His wife Shana organized a fun get together at CJ Papadops.  Papadops is a famous (to the people in my home town) little restaurant out in the middle of nowhere (literally).  We played cornhole in the yard and had some of the best food east of the Mississippi.
     This past weekend I rode in an eight hour mountain bike race called "The Ocho".  It was held at Panther Creek State Park in Morristown TN on a very difficult and non-flowing course that stomped any delusion that I was getting back into some sort of "shape".   I had fun even though it was a very tough race so I guess that in itself was an accomplishment.
     Photos from all the aforementioned events are shown below.


The damage.


Yegi & River before we headed out to her birthday dinner.


Handsome little man.


Kisses from mom.


Dinner on the patio at Cafe 4.


This picture's main subject is not actually Will & Laila, it is the guy carrying the vase of roses around the restaurant.  If you have ever eaten out in the downtown area then you have undoubtedly seen this man.  He strikes fear into every budget minded (see: cheap) guy on a date.


River got his dinner too.


Happy Birthday Cupcake.


Me and the OLD lady.


Finally big enough to play in the Johnny Jump Up...kind of.


Our "pits" at the OCHO 8 hr mtb race.


Seriously out in the middle of farmland.  I have always wondered whose idea it was to put this place out there but I guess it has worked out since they are still in business.


The patio at Papadops.  Pretty cool.


The ladies.


The men.


The little man, now 3 months old.


The Familia.


Parting shot of our little "hoodlum".

No comments:

Post a Comment